A Community of Trained Executives
Geologist / Explorationist / Project Developer
- Over 35 years of experience in oil and gas exploration, identification and development
- Projects throughout North America, and in Africa (Ghana, Zimbabwe) and Indonesia
- Clients and employers have included Amoco (BP), Texaco, US Dept. of Energy, Boeing
- Founded and directed several junior exploration companies
- Project Director for professional training organization
- Business Development Advisor for natural resource company specializing in providing financing for Indigenous Nations
- Certified Geologist (1988)
- Presented numerous professional papers on unconventional natural gas resources and related topics.
Senior Geologist / Energy Systems Specialist
- Over 35 years of experience in geoscience leadership - private industry and public sector
- Major Projects – S. Alberta Bakken play; Barnett Shale; large gas project in NE Brit. Col.; unconventional resource plays in W. Canada; publication of regional hydrocarbon assessments for Geological Survey of Canada; First Nation land claim evaluation
- Sr. Geologist/Advisor for new projects in Alberta; Chief Geol., First Nations community consultations
- Expertise in emergent & sustainable energy technologies, water use & re-use, groundwater/environmental protection
- Native American Resource Partners, Murphy Oil, EOG Resources (Texas), Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (Alberta), Rio Alto, Ulster/Anderson, Forest Oil, Dome Pet. & Hudson’s Bay O&G
- Yukon Oil and Gas Advisory Committee (Yukon Government)
- Public sector at Energy Mines and Resources Canada; Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, Canada Oil and Gas Lands Administration
- Tracs and H.M. Hunter award winner (CSPG); member APEGA (Alberta); AAPG.
- Geological field instructor for courses in N. Canada, Belize and Bahamas
Business Development / Contracts / Compliance
- Over 35 years of experience in public and private sector accounting and finance
- Country and West Africa Region representative for private sector business development
- Served as Controller & Accountant-General for Ghana Ministry of Finance
- Board Member for Ghana Road Fund, Export Development & Investment Board, & Energy Commission
- Prepared the first budget of the Ghana Customs, Excise & Preventive Service (has become the standard format) since 1986.
- The first and only English-speaking member to be admitted to the French version of Accountant-Generals worldwide, and later became its Vice President.
- Personally attracted World Bank funds to build a Public Sector Accountancy university.
Meet Our Team
Peet Soot, PhD, PE
Senior Energy Industry Specialist
- Four decades of process/chemical engineering, energy project development, energy R&D, economic analysis, business/marketing evaluations
- Petroleum refining, coal mining, coal mine methane (CMM) production and processing, greenhouse gas credit trading, coalbed methane (CBM) development, oil shale retorting, shale oil and petroleum refining, renewable (solar, wind, geothermal) energy development, power plant emission treatment, power generation project development and operation, solid waste and wastewater and stormwater processing, university assistant professor
- Principal investigator for over a dozen Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) projects funded by the USDOE and US Department of Agriculture
- Work experience in the USA, China, Russia, India, Japan, Estonia and New Zealand
- Consulting and employment experience with Texaco, Occidental Petroleum, PacifiCorp, Union Pacific Railroad, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Sumitomo Coal Company, Fletcher Challenge Petroleum, Chicago Climate Exchange, University of Idaho, Viru Chemical Group
- Licensed Professional Engineer, member of American Institute of Chemical Engineers, American Chemical Society, National Society of Professional Engineers, American Association of Professional Landmen
- Fulbright Specialists Roster (US Department of State)
- Dozens of articles and conference presentations related to energy processes and resources
- Fluent in English and Estonian, cursory German, and familiarity with Russian and Greek
George L. Hampton III
Chief Geologic Consultant, CBM/Shale Gas & Unconventional Reservoir Specialist
- Executive leader in gas and oil with expertise in exploration, appraisal, discovery and development of unconventional and conventional petroleum resources. Domestic and international business through focus on operations and priority initiatives. Skilled at building successful geologic and geophysical teams, talent development, and mentoring. Integrated geologic, petro physical, geophysical and reservoir engineering data to efficiently develop reserves in unconventional project areas. Interpreted and integrated specialized core analysis relevant to shale plays which optimize well placement, well spacing and reservoir development. Raised $450K+ in private equity investments in high-producing [10-20 MM cubic feet per day (MMCFD)] natural gas Marcellus Shale wells in northeast Pennsylvania, USA. Planning, drilling, geo-steering and completion of 34 producing Marcellus Shale Gas wells in Pennsylvania, resulting in discovery of 4 Trillion Cubic Feet (TCF) of natural gas reserves. Planned and supervised coring and pilot well operations in northeast Pennsylvania, resulting in 100% recovery of 600 feet of top tier rock quality Marcellus Shale. Created unique onsite geo-steering geology team, working in complex structural environment using 3D seismic and geo-steering software for lateral wells .
- Over 15 years of petroleum engineering experience
- Drilling and completion, directional and horizontal drilling, well design and field development planning, reservoir assessment and reserves, reservoir simulation, production performance, forecasting and optimization, unconventional natural gas drilling, production, and reservoir management
- Clients and employers in North America include ExxonMobil, Marathon, Pan Canadian, Chevron, Devon, Encana, Husky, Halliburton, Native American Resource Partners, Terra Energy Corporation and Resourceful Petroleum Canada Ltd.
- Registered P.Eng in Canada
- Fluent in English, Malay, and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Over 30 years of well drilling and completion supervision experience; senior team supervisor for all drilling and completion operations; onshore/offshore
- Clients and employers include KISS Tech, Murphy Oil, Prime NR (Texas), Western Zagros (Iraq), Weatherford, Canadian Air Drilling Srvs., Dow Chemical, FracMaster
- Registered P. Eng,(Canada), lecturer
Energy and Natural Resources Manager / Consultant
- Over 35 years diverse experience in general management, large-scale project planning and execution, business development, supervision and technical support; oil and gas exploration, identification and development
- Projects throughout North America, Australia, Europe & UK; Extensive experience in British Columbia with project evaluation, regulations, development; drafted/facilitated regulatory approval of the first CBM Feasibility Plan for production in BC; unconventional resource (CBM) & coal mining prospect identification, evaluation, due diligence
- GeoMet, Hudson’s Hope Gas, Min. Energy & Mines (BC), Min Sus. Res. Mgmt (BC)
- Advisor/liaison to public sector government bodies and planning authorities for regulatory/policy issues; liaison/public engagement with community, local government and aboriginal stakeholders for Canadian and Australian projects
- Registered Geologist – State of Washington (License # 878)< Steering Committee Member - SPE (Applied Technology Workshop on Progressing Cavity)
Geologist / Hydrogeologist / Hydrologist
- Over 39 years of experience in water supply, environmental and energy related industries for geology, hydrogeology and hydrology
- Conducted 143 projects for the oil and gas industry, 128 coal bed methane projects, and 67 coal mine projects
- Clients and projects throughout North America, Australia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, and Peru
- I have presented 19 times on coal bed methane hydrogeology and oil and gas history
Kevin L. Stock
Vision and Marketing Development Speciaist
Over 30 years of experience in domestic and international corporate branding and business development. Specialization in influencing perception and solutions across product development, manufacturing, marketing and sales for both B2B and B2C industries. Results oriented marketing and sales strategies that increase the clients market share.Marketing, creative development and design for companies (including client acquisition) looking to establish or strengthen corporate vision, brand identity, marketing solutions and brand implementation with team developed marketing strategies, online networks and multi-media platforms.
- A key member in the development and marketing of the bestseller Rich Dad Poor Dad and the associated series of books. Key team member for the Rich Dad and Trump organizations in the development of Why We Want you to Be Rich. The book created and produced to be a #1 best seller on the day of its launch. Extensive experience in the industries of Business and Finance Development (NOVO, Maximont Capital, Miramar, John F. Long Properties) – Hardware and Software (Memkor, EMC) – Education and Professional Development (Rich Dad, Pay Your Family First, SalesDogs) – Political and Public Relations (AZGOP, Criterion Public Affairs, GEOtrends News, The Indigenous Institute) – Health and Nutrition (TriVita, InFuse IV Therapy, ABI Skincare, dStrategy), Travel & Leisure (Rich & Associates, Best Western)
- Creating “brands” by immersing myself into a client’s team to define the brand, position the brand and deliver the brand.
James B. Smith
Energy and Startup Venture Specialist
- Served as a director, CEO and CFO in both privately held and U.S. publicly traded entities in the energy industry. Professional experience includes director, CEO, and CFO with 2 U.S. public SEC registrants, and twelve years as either CFO or Chief Administrative Officer for several private companies in the energy, real estate and agricultural industries.
- Project development and energy experience includes leading the development team for a 200 mile natural gas pipeline project linking natural gas pipelines in the US to PEMEX (Mexico) pipeline and storage facility.
- Obtained FERC permit in the United States (including the presidential permit signed by US President George W. Bush) with similar permits in Mexico (Commission Reguladora de Energia - CRE). Project subsequently connected to LNG terminal development in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Initiated development effort to design and build a $980 million capex offshore LNG re-gas terminal near Long Beach, CA.
- CFO for a startup small scale LNG distribution firm, a drilling venture in the Pinedale Anticline region of Wyoming, supervision of the operation of a 220-mile natural gas gathering system in S. Texas, administrative and reporting responsibilities, for E&P interests in South Texas, and development of the business plan for a natural gas pipeline system that for sold for $325 million USD (one of the largest master limited pipeline partnerships in the US.)
- Masters in Professional Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin; a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University; licensed as a Certified Public Accountant and Real Estate Broker in Texas
Land/Resource Management / Venture Capitalist / Project Developer
- 39 years of experience in oil and gas exploration, and development; Certified Landman (1983-2007). Projects throughout North America; Contracts in Egypt, Greece, and South America. Clients have included Fidelity Investments Management, and several Tribal Nations in North America. Founded and directed several junior exploration companies (Ute Energy, Rocky Boy Energy, Fort Peck Energy)
- VP Business Development for natural resource company specializing in providing financing for Indigenous Nations.
- Assisted First Nations in successfully adopting money management legislation to further their resource development on newly acquired lands under Treaty Land Entitlement Act of Canada. Presented professional papers on EPA Minor Source and business development in Indian Country.
- Expertise with negotiating and valuing surface use and rights-of- way in Indian Country cover several reservations in the western U.S.
- Conducted appraisals and negotiations for surface use resulting in continuing benefits from the surface use, including commercial ownership in the ventures. Contributor to the Section 1813 Study of rights-of- way and access on the Uintah and Ouray Reservation in Utah pursuant to the 2005 Energy Policy Act
Ronald P. Ranger
Wellsite Completions and Drilling Specialist
- Over 35 years as a well drilling and completion specialist for exploration and production wells
- Directional, under-balanced and horizontal drilling practices expert
- Management of safety programs for field consultants (IRP-16), and corporate HSE (ENFORM) safety registries; IS Net World® and ComplyWorks™
- Conducts critique programs to maximize efficiency, minimize costs, & maintain workplace safety - Ensure worker safety and equipment performance in conjunction with ongoing operations
- Focus on company building and growth practices
- Hydraulic fracking expert
- Restoration operations expert
- Extensive experience in Canadian Fields, international experience including US, Trinidad & Tobago, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, and Yemen
Bruce Davis, PH.D.
Senior Resource Evaluation Specialist
- Dr. Bruce Davis has over 40 years of experience estimating mineral resources and conducting mine feasibility studies. He has directed various mining geostatistical studies such as uncertainty assessment and analysis of blast hole samples and has also applied geostatistical methods to solve problems for base metal, energy mineral, and precious metal deposits. Dr. Davis has demonstrated a superior ability to manage technical projects, perform statistical analyses, and develop geostatistical software and data acquisition procedures. Dr. Davis has worked on projects worldwide, including North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia.